1. GRNMA President – Mrs. Perpertual Ofori Ampofo
2. General Secretary – Mr. David Tenkrang
3. Deputy PRO – Mr. Philimon Gyapong
4. GAR Chairman – Mr. Prince Opuni Frimpong
5. Ga East District Chair – Esther Birikorang
6. ENT National Chair – Flt Lt B Asare
– Ga East treatment Centre Nurses
– 45 nurses in total
The meeting started around 4:00 pm and after the introduction, the leader of the nurses deployed to manage the COVID patients Mrs.
Evelyn Dowuna narrated the processes that had taken place at the treatment center.
Currently, 130 patients are there on the wards and 2 in the ICU.
They had a myriad of problems;
1. Inadequate PPEs
2. No package has been given so far
3. They run a 12hour shift
4. They have left their families for over a month now, and have been accommodated at the treatment centers
To them, it will be very unfair to receive the same package as those working from their homes, looking at the level of risk, stress, stigma, family issues, etc.
They’re ready to vacate the treatment centers if their needs were not met and concern not addressed ASAP.
Nurse- infected with COVID
– we took the opportunity to visit the nurse who was infected with COVID who was receiving treatment at the center. Fortunately, she was doing very well and today happens to be her birthday. GRNMA President took the opportunity to put across a solidarity message to her and to wish her happy birthday.
– 3 cartons of canned malt
– 10 boxes of bottled water
– 4 boxes (35 pieces per box) of hand sanitizers
These items were donated to the team
Finally, GRNMA President assured them that their grievances will be carried across to the appropriate authorities for the needed actions to be taken.
Meeting ended at 6:45 pm