The International Council of Nurses is pleased to send you the latest news on the ICN 2021 Congress, which will be held virtually 2-4 November 2021. In this newsletter, learn more about the Congress journey of “Nursing Around the World”, our insightful main sessions, and how you can make sure you don’t miss the Opening Ceremony and our other live sessions!
Last call for Standard Rate Registration!
Register before 30 September to take advantage of the standard registration fee! When you register, you get full access to all official Congress sessions for up to six months after Congress; full access to e-posters, partner and industry symposia; full access to online chats and other virtual networking areas; and automatic allocation of continuing education credits (ICNECs). Discounted fees are available for ICN Members, students and delegates from low-income countries. Sign up now to get access to the world’s largest international gathering of nurses!
Check Your Time Zones!
Please note that on 31 October 2021, we switch from Central European Summertime (CEST) (GMT + 2) to Central European Time (CET) (GMT + 1). The Opening Ceremony of the ICN Congress will take place on 2 November at 09:00 CET. This will range from 9pm (21:00) in New Zealand (GMT+13) to 10pm (22:00) on 1 November in Hawaii (GMT-10). Make sure you find out your time so you can watch live! But remember, all our sessions will be recorded and can be watched on demand, when convenient to you!
Exciting Regional Sessions!
For the first time ever, the ICN Congress will include Regional Sessions for each of the ICN regions. We will pass the nursing baton across the different regions of the world in a series of live and interactive events which will give our members the opportunity to showcase their expertise and innovations. Our journey starts on 2 November in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (12-13:30 CET), and we move on later the same day to the European Region (14:30-16:00 CET). On 3 November, we travel to Africa (11:30-13:00 CET) and then the Americas (17:10-18:40 CET). Our final regional sessions will be held on 4 November, when we head to the Western Pacific Region (07:15-8:45 CET) and the Southeast Asia Region (11:00-12:30 CET). Each regional session has been designed in consultation with ICN’s national nursing associations in the region and will include cultural aspects, regional celebrities and discussions on key topics to the region! A trip around the world from your desk – not to be missed!
Stimulating Main Sessions!
Our Main Sessions cover the most topical issues of the day discussed by leading experts from across the world:
2 November, 17:00-18:00 CET:
- A safer world: global health security, emergency and disaster preparedness
- The power of technology to transform healthcare
- International Year of Health and Care Workers: Time to Protect. Invest. Together
2 November, 19:00-20:00 CET:
- Mental health and COVID-19: the hidden pandemic
- Money well spent: investing in nursing is an investment in health
- Flexibility and innovation in nursing regulation: Lessons learned from COVID-19
3 November, 09:30-10:30 CET:
- Accelerating global efforts in healthcare quality and patient safety
- Nurses in the public eye: the profession in the mass media
- COVID-19 and nurse education: from disruption to transformation
- Creating a care system for healthy ageing
4 November, 13:30-14:30 CET:
- Supporting and sustaining healthy communities
- Seize the day: optimising roles and responsibilities in nursing
- Ethical challenges of COVID-19: human rights and the rights of health workers
- Healthcare in crisis: The global nursing workforce shortage
4 November, 15:30-16:30 CET:
- Harnessing the power of data to improve performance
- Looking after ourselves: the health and wellbeing of nurses
- Global Strategic Directions for Nursing and Midwifery 2021-2025
Details of the programme and all our speakers can be found here. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear these expert speakers!